Statistics for Basic Physician Training (FRACP)
To be scheduled
The workshop will focus on the statistical needs of physician trainees, and the topics covered in the FRACP examination. Clear, succinct, written notes will be provided, and the day will conclude with a trial MCQ test on the statistics topics, worked through with the presenter.
Ian is a Professor of Statistics and Director of the Statistical Consulting Centre at The University of Melbourne. He has delivered training in statistics to doctors for over 20 years, and has extensive experience in medical and epidemiological research.
He is currently a Chief Investigator for an NHRMC-funded randomised controlled trial and has been involved in the design and analysis of many RCTs, case-control and cohort studies.
Feedback from participants in courses presented by Professor Gordon:
- “The quality and consistency of teaching was the most remarkable feature of this course. I particularly found the lecturer’s willingness to answer my questions patiently and respectfully helped the student learn.”
- “An excellent course, which makes highly complex concepts simple to understand. It is extremely well organised and well taught.”
- On the question “This course was well taught”, the percentage of participants agreeing or strongly agreeing has been consistently over 90%, and sometimes 100%.
Frequently asked questions:
- What topics are in the workshop and what is the program for the day?
- When does the course start and finish?
Lectures start: 9am
- When does registration close for the course?
Wednesday, to be scheduled.
- Having trouble registing for the course?
Please check you have filled out all fields even if you enter just N/A.
- What time is lunch?
12.30pm to 1.30pm.
- How do I let you know I am a vegetarian or are gluten free?
When registering through 'e-cart' tick the appropriate box for catering requirements.
- Any good coffee around the area?
You are very close to Lygon Street known for its coffee shops and fine food. The Potter Cafe is nearby.
- Where do I book accommodation near the University?
The University is centrally located near the city,and there is ample accommodation in Carlton, Parkville, North Melbourne and in the City of Melbourne. Please book early as the AFL Grand Final can be on the same weekend.
- How do I get to the Melbourne University from the airport?
You can catch a taxi directly to the University. You can catch a bus to Southern Cross Station, a tram to Swanston Street and then any tram to the University.
- Where is there parking around the university?
Here is a link to public parking around the university: Click here
Eastern Precinct car park is the closest, 375 Cardigan Street, Carlton,near the corner of Elgin Street.
- Can I ask questions about the content?
Yes. We encourage you to email your questions up to 2 weeks before the workshop starts.
JH Mitchell Theatre 1
School of Mathematics and Statistics
Peter Hall Building(160)
T: +61 3 8344 6995
$50 cancellation fee applies