Producing Quality Graphs
Wednesday, 10 May and Thursday, 11 May 2023
10am to 11.30am each morning - online
for UoM staff and Graduate researchers
This free seminar will discuss the principles of producing graphs to enhance the quality of your thesis and research presentations. It will be delivered via ZOOM.
It will cover a software package freely available to University of Melbourne graduate research students and staff.
If you are frustrated about the quality of the graphs you are currently creating and how much time it is taking, this seminar is for you!
The first day will cover the principles.
The second day will cover practice, and will include a demonstration of Minitab software.
You may like to download Minitab software for the second session, but this is not essential.
You can download the Minitab software version 20 (for PC) here: https://studentit.unimelb.edu.au/study/software#downloadable-software
Minitab 20 is also available for Mac, but the current version does not have the full functionality for graphs that will be demonstrated using the PC version.
Mac users can access Minitab via myUniApps.
If you wish to use myUniApps, please make sure you have Citrix installed on your device. https://students.unimelb.edu.au/admin/myuniapps
Sue has worked in the Statistical Consulting Centre for over 15 years. Her roles include:
- statistical consulting with clients from inside and outside the University of Melbourne
- assisting post-graduate research students from the University of Melbourne through the Melbourne Statistical Consulting Platform
- teaching post-graduate courses for the University of Melbourne
- developing and teaching tailored courses, both face-to-face and online
- research in statistical education and communication
Mode of delivery
T: +61 3 8344 6995