Scheduled for 2021
Producing quality graphs for your thesis
(only for UoM staff and Graduate Researchers)
This free seminar will discuss the principles of producing graphs to enhance the quality of your thesis and research presentations spread out over two mornings via ZOOM.
It will cover a software package freely available to University of Melbourne graduate research students and staff.
If you are frustrated about the quality of the graphs you are currently creating and how much time it is taking, this workshop is for you!
The seminar will discuss the principles and practice of producing quality graphs.
Morning sessions 10am to 11.30pm
The first day will cover the principles.
The second day will cover practice, and will include a demonstration of Minitab software.
I have worked in the Statistical Consulting Centre for over ten years. My job involves an interesting mix of:
- statistical consulting with clients from inside and outside the University of Melbourne
- assisting post-graduate research students from the University of Melbourne through the Melbourne Statistical Consulting Platform
- teaching post-graduate courses for the University of Melbourne
- developing and teaching tailored courses, both face-to-face and online
- research in statistical education and communication
I have a Bachelor of Science (Honours), Masters of Science, and a PhD, all from the University of Melbourne.
I am a member of and an Accredited Statistician (AStat) with the Statistical Society of Australia.
You may like to bring your laptop and try out the software, but this is not essential.
You can download the Minitab software version 19 (for PC) here: https://wiki.ms.unimelb.edu.au/software/
Minitab 19 is also available for Mac, but the current version does not have the full functionality for graphs that will be demonstrated using the PC version.
Mac users can access Minitab via myUniApps.
If you wish to use myUniApps, please make sure you have Citrix installed on your device. https://students.unimelb.edu.au/admin/myuniapps