The Statistical Consulting Centre and Melbourne Statistical Consulting Platform are continuing our services and activities. We now provide personal consultations via Zoom video link or telephone. We have conducted many remote consultations successfully and look forward to working with you in this way during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Consulting to Business, Industry & Government
We have experience across a broad range of statistical applications, and we offer help with all aspects of data-based research.
Our consultants have Masters or PhD degrees in statistics. All are accredited with the Statistical Society of Australia (AStat or GStat). Data analytics modelling power calculation data analysis sample size survey design experiment design data mining statistical expertise statistical consulting statistical training
Short courses for the Public, Business, professionals, academics and
graduate researchers.Specialised and bespoke courses, workshops and seminars.
Professor Ian Gordon - Statistical Society of Australia Service Award 2020
Melbourne Statistical Consulting Platform
Services for University of Melbourne staff and Graduate Researchers from any discipline.
We have expertise in:
- questionnaire design and data collection methods
- study design, for experiments and surveys
- choice of sample size
- data management and verification
- analysis strategies
- modelling of data
- data mining and analytics
- interpretation of analyses and statistical reasoning
- communication of statistical findings, tailored to the audience
- quality graphical presentations
- critical review of quantitative research and reasoning
- statistical software
- expert witness needs
- statistics courses tailored to specific needs
- Statistical software packages including GenStat, Minitab, SPSS and R.
The SCC was formed in 1984 and has continued to build on its reputation across all disciplines. Our aim is to realise the potential and complexities of your data. We deal with real world issues in a practical, robust manner.
Our aims are to:
- Be a focus for the long-standing statistical consulting activities of the School of Mathematics and Statistics;
- Promote the practice of appropriate and informative statistical methods;
- Be a stimulus to relevant teaching in the School of Mathematics and Statistics;
- Provide research problems whose solutions are of immediate practical interest;
- Train advanced students;
- Increase the awareness of the utility of statistical expertise;
- Foster mutually beneficial contacts between the University and the wider community;
- Act as a focus for statistical consultancy within the University.