We have experience across a broad range of statistical applications, and we offer help with all aspects of data-based research.
Our consultants have Masters or PhD degrees in statistics. All are accredited with the Statistical Society of Australia (AStat or GStat).
Customised Statistical Training
Can’t find the statistical course you need, at a date that suits you?
We can provide general and specialist courses tailored to your organisation.
- a comprehensive set of notes
- in depth practical training
- content can be structured to your specific needs
- various statistical software packages
- run at the University or in-house
- small or large groups
If you are interested in such a course, contact the Director, Professor Ian Gordon
Each year the Centre offers courses/workshops that are available to the public, industry, government and academic world. Our consultants have a wealth of knowledge from working with real world statistical issues. Our courses have a mixture of practical work and lecture presentation.
Here are a few examples we offer help with:
- questionnaire design and data collection methods
- study design, for experiments and surveys
- choice of sample size
- data management and verification
- analysis strategies
- modelling of data
- data mining and analytics
- interpretation of analyses and statistical reasoning
- communication of statistical findings, tailored to the audience
- quality graphical presentations
- critical review of quantitative research and reasoning
- statistical software
- expert witness needs
- statistics courses tailored to specific needs
We have consultants who are expert in the use of Genstat, Minitab, SPSS, S-Plus and R.
Guidelines and instructions for preparing your data for statistical analysis.
We have carried out consulting projects for external clients from the following areas:
We have not included client names and organizations, to maintain client privacy.